Understanding the transformation of Environmentalism and Environmental subjectivity in Kerala, South India (1980-2015)
Dr. Siddhartha Krishnan
Environmentalism, Environmental History, Social movements and social change, Social theory, Social History, History of Science, and Cognitive sciences
M.Sc in Zoology, Goa University, Goa (2009)
B.Sc in Zoology, Kannur University, Kerala (2007)
Work and Research Experience
Worked for developing action plan for conservation of Nilgiri tahr in Southern Western Ghats, Kerala, India.
Worked on Developing a database of non-toxic/alternate pest control strategies.
Cumulative Environmental Impact assessment of Hydroelectric projects along Satluj River basin, Himachal Pradesh-Faunal aspects
- Field Officer (2010-June 2011),Winrock International India
- Junior Research Fellow (July-December 2011), Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI).
- Junior Research Fellow (June 2012-July 2013), Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON).
- Sony R.K., Sandeep Sen, Sunil Kumar, Monalisa Sen, K.M. Jayahari 2018 Niche models inform the effects of climate change on the endangered Nilgiri Tahr (Nilgiritragus hylocrius) populations in the southern Western Ghats, India Ecological Engineering 120 (2018) 355–363, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2018.06.017
- Sony, R.K. & P.R. Arun (2015) A case study of butterfly road kills from Anaikatty Hills, Western Ghats, Tamil Nadu, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 7(14):8154–8158 (pdf)
- Ramesh, C., Santhakumar, B., Arun, P.R.,Sony, R.K., Murugesan, M., Das, A., Bhupathy, S. (2015) Further confirmation for Platyceps rhodorachis (JAN, 1865), from India, with a note on feeding on Cyrtodactylus fasciolatus (Blyth, 1861).Herpetozoa, 28(1/2), 109-112.(pdf)
- Arun, P.R., Murugesan M, Shantha Kumar, S.B., Sony, R.K, and Ramesh, C. 2014. “Cumulative Environmental Impact Assessment of Hydro Electric Projects of Sutlej River Basin in Himachal Pradesh-Faunal Aspects.” Technical report. Coimbatore: SACON.