Dr. Priyanka Jamwal
Fellow, Centre for Environment and Development, ATREE
I am interested in the problem of water pollution, including point and non-point source pollution, biological and industrial contamination, and surface and ground water. I am also interested in determining pollution abatement through wastewater treatment and contamination/decontamination approaches in water distribution network. My work involves field sampling, laboratory simulations and modelling approaches. I am also in charge of the Water and Soil Laboratory at ATREE.
PhD, Environmental Engineering and Management, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, 2008.
Dissertation Title: Point and Non-point source of pollution in Delhi city: Quantification and Management.
M.E, Environmental Engineering, Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh, 2003.
B.Tech., Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, 2001.
- Water Quality Workshop Grant, Royal Society of Chemistry, British Council, UK, November 2018
- Researcher Exchange Grant, NERC, UK and the Ministry of Earth Sciences, India, May 2017
- RBC Fellowship, Royal Bank of Canada, Canada, February 2016
- Fast Track Young Scientist Award, Department of Science And Technology, India, March 2012
- Postdoctoral Research Associate Fellowship, from Indian Institute of science, Bangalore, India, September 2008
- Research Assistantship Fellowship, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), India March 2005
- EGIDE Scholarship, for nine months sandwich program of Ministere Affairs Etrangeres Boursier du Gouvernement Francais as a Research Fellow in CEREVE Paris, France, December 2004
Reports and discussion papers
- Jamwal Priyanka, Chandan Gowda and Praveen Kumar. “A rapid water quality assessment of Vembanad Lake” (2018).
- Lele, Sharachchandra, Veena Srinivasan, Priyanka Jamwal, K. Bejoy Thomas, and Meghana Eswar. "Water management in Arkavathy basin: A situation analysis” (2013). https://www.atree.org/sites/default/files/discussion_papers/arkavathy201...
- 1 of 7
- next ›
- 1 of 3
- next ›