Dr. Ankila Hiremath
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and Environment C-86, BK Dutt Colony (2nd floor) New Delhi 110 003, INDIA Telefax: +91 11 2460 3134 E-mail: email@example.com
Ankila Hiremath is a plant ecologist with an interest in the dynamics and resilience of social-ecological systems, and in ecosystem restoration and novel ecosystems. She works on invasive species and their ecological and socio-economic impacts. She is also interested in fire, and in the management of non-timber forest products.
- Dissertation Fellowship, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Florida. May 1998.
- Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant, US National Science Foundation. March 1996.
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship, Organization for Tropical Studies. August 1995.
- Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, Office of International Studies and Programs and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Florida. March 1995.
- Fellowship, Tropical Conservation and Development Program, University of Florida. 1993-1995.
- Fellowship, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Florida. 1992-1993.
Associate-editor: Current Conservation (www.currentconservation.org), 2007 – present
Associate Editor: Tropical Ecology (www.tropecol.com), 2008 – 2015
Guest editor: Conservation & Society (www.conservationandsociety.org), 2004
Editorial Board: Tree Physiology (treephys.oxfordjournals.org), 2000-2001
- Ph.D. in botany (ecology). 1999. University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA.
- M.Sc. in environmental science. 1992. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- B.A. in environmental studies. 1989. The British Open University, Milton Keynes, UK.
- 1 of 12
- next ›
- 1 of 8
- next ›
- 1 of 3
- next ›