- ATREE was ranked 18th in the list of top environmental think tanks of the world, as per the 2014 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report, released by The Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the University of Pennsylvania. ATREE has been consistently among the top in Asia for the past four years.
- ATREE President, Professor Kamal Bawa, received the Midori Prize for Biodiversity, for his years of work on conservation in the Himalayas, at COP-12 in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- Professor Kamal Bawa was also honoured by the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada with an Honorary Doctor of Science Degree. He delivered the convocation address to graduates in science and engineering.
- Sharachchandra Lele was elected President of the Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE) for the years 2014-16. Sharad, a founder-member of INSEE, served on its Executive Committee for six years in various capacities. Sharad Lele was also on the Syllabus Drafting Committee for Environmental Studies, Nalanda University.
- Jagdish Krishnaswamy, Senior Fellow, ATREE and Seema Purushothaman, Adjunct faculty, have been elected Executive Committee Members, INSEE.
- Nitin Rai, Fellow and Convenor, Academy for Conservation Science and Sustainability Studies, was invited to serve on International Union of Forest Research Organizations - lUFRO's Global Forest Expert Panel on Forests and Food Security.
- Aravind Madhyastha was selected as a member of the IUCN SSC Mollusc Specialist Group and the IUCN SSC Amphibian Specialist Group.