The Conservation Practices Masters is open to students from diverse backgrounds. ATREE has an affirmative policy that encourages women and persons from underprivileged groups to apply. We use this affirmative action policy in concert with the Government of Karnataka’s reservation policy when considering student applications. We are also accepting applications from international students. TDU is registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) and will facilitate the registration of international students with the FRRO.
To be eligible to do the Conservation Practice Masters, you must fulfil the below mentioned criteria:
- For Indian applicants: have a bachelor's degree from a UGC recognised university including but not limited to Traditional Health Sciences, Biomedicine, Life Science, Environmental Science, Design, Architecture, Performing and Fine Arts, Visual Communication, Economics, Geography, Anthropology, Social Work, Political Science, Mass Communication, Engineering and Management. Applicants with a master’s degree in a related field are also welcome to apply.
- For international applicants: have a Bachelor's degree from a reputed University in any branch of the humanities, sciences, engineering or traditional health sciences and a score of 6.5 or higher in IELTS / 90 or higher in TOEFL or equivalent qualifying test for English language and proven writing skills.
- Have secured at least 55% on average in their previous degree (either bachelor's or master's)
- Applicants must have secured a fellowship, be sponsored for fees and research expenses, or self-finance their study. A limited number of need based merit scholarships are available for students.
If you are satisfied that you fulfil the above mentioned criteria, we encourage you to apply! Your application must include the following:
Your application must include the following:
- A self-attested copy of the following certificates: class X mark sheet, class XII/ higher secondary transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Self-attested copy of academic transcripts from your bachelor’s degree in pdf format. Students who have also completed a Master's degree must include the transcripts for that degree as well
- Statement of Purpose (SoP)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- PDF of any other diplomas or certificates you want to share on your application
- Digital copy of recent passport size photo (JPEG/PDF/TIFF of size <1Mb)
- Completed application form
The Statement of Purpose (SoP) details the student’s interest and motivations, relevance of recent and current activities to the programme and academic interests and background. The SoP will be assessed for (a) relevance (b) originality and (c) clarity of understanding. The SoP assesses an applicant's environmental interests and enthusiasm, and their analytical and practical inclinations in engaging with conservation and sustainability questions and challenges. The SoP can be submitted in the form of an essay (750 - 1000 words).
The SoP must answer these questions.
- Why do you want to enroll in the conservation practice programme?
- What are your concerns, interests and aspirations around the field of environmental conservation?
- Which of your experiences and interests matter for consideration and qualification to the programme?
- Does your degree and its prospects align with your career and life interests? How?
- Have you been involved in any campus and off-campus activities relating to conservation and sustainability? Please describe. These could include climate change activism, organic farming practice or consumption, wildlife watching or campaigning, or engaging with indigenous or local cultures.
In answering these questions, please introduce us to your student career, your environmental concerns, interests, aspirations and activities. Finally, tell us why interdisciplinarity appeals to you as a research or practice approach.
Submission of Application
Please submit the above-mentioned documents and the completed application form via email to email@example.com. Ensure your application is submitted by 31st May 2022. You can download the application form from the website or send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Account details for payment of application fees of 500 INR are mentioned in the application form.
After you have submitted your application, and if it clears all eligibility criteria, you will automatically be registered to do an online entrance exam. The multiple-choice exam will consist of the following broad themes/sections:
- Quantitative-analytical thinking
- Ecology, environmental science and social science
- Conservation and sustainability
- Environment and development
The exam will take place on June 9th, 2022. We will notify applicants.
Click here to download the entrance exam model question papers.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a personal interview after the Admissions Committee assesses the student’s application and entrance exam scores. Personal interviews will take place between June 21st to June 24th, 2022.
For fee details, please click here