Positions: Research Associates, Junior Research Fellows (Job Code: NEBR-2018-05-10-SP18)
ATREE invites applications for one Research Associate, two Junior Research Fellows and two Field Assistants for a project ‘Monitoring Ants (Formicidae) and Dung beetles (Scarabaeinae) of North Eastern States of India’. The project is funded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- This project proposes to undertake baseline inventories of dung beetles (Scarabaeinae) and ants (Formicidae) of North East India.
- Assess and monitor diversity of dung beetles and ants along elevation gradient in different mountains of North Eastern Indian region.
- Understand which explanatory variables best explain the patterns of distribution of ants and dung beetles?
Research staff are expected to conduct extensive field collections from Northeastern states of India, identification and preparing georeferenced database ants and dung beetles at an ecosystem scale. JRFs will be encouraged to pursue for Doctoral studies. The candidates should be self-driven, highly motivated and willing to undertake extensive field works in the Northeast region.
Research Position: Research Associate (one)
Emoluments: Rs. 38000/- + 30% HRA for all three years, strictly as per DBT guidelines
- PhD in Zoology/Life Sciences/Biological Sciences
- Proven ability in Entomological/Ecological research methods
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary research teams
- Experience in Insect biosystematics,
- Ability to work in adverse field conditions
The candidate is required to provide complete services and assistance in:
1. Lead a team of Junior Research staff
2. Systematic Collection and preservation of insect specimens.
3. Identification of the collected specimens and their proper preservation and curation.
4. Estimate the diversity and habitat atributes across.
5. Preparing database and imaging in field and taking hyper-focal images from the multiple images generated using automated Stackshot imaging systems and high end binocular stereo microscopes using Combine ZM stacking software.
6. Analyzing field data, writing reports and Manuscripts
Research Position: Junior Research Fellow – (two):
Emoluments: Rs. 25,000/- + 10% HRA for 1st and 2nd year and Senior Research Fellow Rs, 28000/- + 10% HRA for the 3rd year, strictly as per DBT guidelines
- Post Graduate degree (MSc Zoology and allied subjects) with CSIR-NET qualification.
- A strong aptitude towards biosystematics and Ecology and good analytical skills
- Good oral communication and writing skills.
- Highly motivated for carrying out fieldwork in tough & remote conditions.
- Knowledge of any local languages of NE Indian region.
- Communication and computer skills including databases and web portals
- Commitment to high standards and have the ability to analyse data and be capable of working both independently and as part of a team
Interested candidates should send their applications clearly stating the candidates interests and expertise along with their CV and contact details of two referees within 15 days of the publication of this advertisement to email@example.com cc’ing to firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject line should say ‘‘Monitoring Ants (Formicidae) and Dung beetles (Scarabaeinae) of North Eastern States of India’’ Selections will be done based on an interview of shortlisted candidates.
More information, if any required please contact email@example.com
Note: Please do quote the job code (given with the title) without fail in the email subject. Applications not quoting the job code might not be considered for further processing.
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE)
Royal Enclave, Srirampura, Jakkur Post, Bangalore - 560 064, India.
Ph: (O)+91-80-23635555, Email. firstname.lastname@example.org