Positions: Research Associates, Junior Research Fellows (Job Code: NEBR-2018-05-10-SP15)
ATREE invites applications for one Research Associate, two Junior Research Fellows and two Field Assistants for a project ‘Documentation and Sustainable Management of Insect Bio-resources of NE India with Special Reference to Edible and sercigenous Insects.’ The project is funded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. This multi-partnership research project proposes to document potential edible insects, their habitat and nutritional attributes, the differences and similarities of entomophagy habits between the cultural, ethnic, and linguistic groups.
Project Research staff are expected to take an inventory of the different insect species which are consumed as food among various states in the North East India. JRFs will be encouraged to pursue for Doctoral studies. The candidates should be self-driven, highly motivated and willing to undertake extensive field works to sample various insect bioresources and surveys to record the associated knowledge in the Northeast region.
Research Position I: Research Associate (one)
Emoluments: Rs. 38000/- + 30% HRA for all three years, strictly as per DBT guidelines
- PhD in Zoology/Life Sciences/ Botany/ Social Sciences
- Proven ability in Entomological/Ecological/ Social Science research methods
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary research teams
The candidate is required to provide complete services and assistance in:
- Lead a team of Junior Research staff
- Preparing geo-referenced database of insect bioresources and their habitat attributes of Northeast Indian states.
- Documenting community knowledge associated with insect bio resources of Northeast India, together with their dynamics and sustainability challenges and management.
- Explore the potentials for culturing edible insects and producing value added products for enhancing the livelihood opportunities of local people.
- Preparing database, analyzing field data, writing reports and Manuscripts
Research Position II: Junior Research Fellow – (two)
Emoluments: Rs. 25,000/- + 10% HRA for 1st and 2nd year and Senior Research Fellow Rs, 28000/- + 10% HRA for the 3rd year, strictly as per DBT guidelines
- Post Graduate degree (Ecology, Botany, Zoology, Social Science or allied subjects), prefereably with UGC/CSIR-NET qualification.
- A strong aptitude towards biosystematics, Ecology, and good analytical skills
- Good oral and writing communication skills.
- Highly motivated for carrying out fieldwork in tough & remote conditions.
- Knowledge of any local languages of NE Indian region.
- Communication and computer skills including databases and web portals
- Commitment to high standards and have the ability to analyze data and be capable of working both independently and as part of a team
Interested candidates should send their applications clearly stating the candidates interests and expertise along with their CV and contact details of two referees within 15 days of the publication of this advertisement to firstname.lastname@example.org cc’ing to email@example.com . The subject line should say ‘Documentation and Sustainable management of edible and sericigenous insects.’ Selections will be done based on an interview of shortlisted candidates.
Note: Please do quote the job code (given with the title) without fail in the email subject. Applications not quoting the job code might not be considered for further processing.
More information, if any required please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE)
Royal Enclave, Srirampura, Jakkur Post, Bangalore - 560 064, India.
Ph: (O)+91-80-23635555, Email. email@example.com