Phd Scholar, ATREE
Supervisor: Dr. Nitin Rai, Fellow, ATREE
I am interested in studying the process of change in landscapes and human-nature relationships in the arid and semi-arid systems. An interdisciplinary approach under the framework of political ecology will be used to study changes occurring at socioeconomic, cultural, and ecological levels.
MSc, Zoology (specialization Animal Physiology), Mumbai University, 2008-2009.
BSc, Zoology app. Components Marine Sciences, Kirti College, Mumbai, 2006-2007,
Reports and publications
- Honnavalli Kumara, Ovee Thorat, Kumar Santhosh, R.Sasi, H.P.Ashwin. 2014. Small Carnivores of Biligiri Rangaswamy Tiger Reserve, Karnataka, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa.6(12):6534-6543.
- Ovee Thorat and Ramji Gurjer. 2010. Identification and quantification of anthropogenic pressure on Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary. Tiger Watch- A report submitted to Forest Department.
- Dharmendra Khandal, Ovee Thorat, Suyash Katdare, Vitthal Sanadhya. 2010. Corridor viability assessment between Ranthambhore National Park and Ramgarh Bishdhari Wildlife Sanctuary. Tiger Watch- A report submitted to Forest Department.
- Ovee Thorat and Ramji Gurjer. 2010. Identification and quantification of anthropogenic pressure on corridor between Ranthambhore National Park and Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary. Tiger Watch- A report submitted to Forest Department.
- Ovee Thorat and Peter Smetacek. 2010. Interspecific courtship solicitation by a female Danaus genutia Cramer, 1779 in the Sundarbans, West Bengal, India (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae, Danainae). NEVA (Nachrichten des Entomologischen Vereins Apollo)
- Pendharkar Anand, Ovee Thorat, Parth Mehta, Pranad Patil, Rahul Kolekar, Sahila Kudalkar, Saloni Bhatia, Manoj Tank and Vandana Khare. 2008. Study of impact of urban biodiversity documentation on urban youth. SPROUTS-PUKAR- A report.